Select A Date Below For Pricing
ACA Swiftwater Rescue Course L4
DURATION: 8 Hours/2 Days
MIN AGE: 18
ADVENTURE: Swiftwater Rescue
STARTING AT: $250
CHALLENGE LEVEL: All Are Welcome!
LOCATION: ACE Adventure Resort
The Swiftwater Rescue workshop teaches recognition and avoidance of common river hazards, execution of self-rescue techniques, and rescue techniques for paddlers in distress. Emphasis is placed both on personal safety and on simple, commonly used skills. Fundamental and more advanced techniques for dealing with hazards that carry greater risks for both victim and rescuer, such as strainers, rescue vest applications, entrapments, and pins, also are practiced. Scenarios will provide an opportunity for participants to practice their skills both individually and within a team/group context.
- Transportation to and from River location
- Rescue equipment
- Med kit
- Wet-suit rental available
Participants need to bring:
- A $40 ACA Membership is required in order to receive a course completion certificate.
- Swim attire (long periods of cold water submersion may occur)
- Closed-toed water shoes
- Personal rescue gear including throw rope, PFD, carabiners, whistle, knife
- Willingness to learn