One of the worlds top 10 rivers
The Gauley River in summer is a powerful combination of water clarity, remote wilderness and a maze of boulders - like an epic journey, it's very special, but it's not for everyone. You need to be mentally prepared for the challenge and in good shape. Yes, you may swim; and yes, you may have the time of your life!
- Class II-IV (V) technical rapids with house size boulders, waterfalls, sheer cliff walls and big drops
- Trip Length: 12 miles (All day)
- Meals: Riverside lunch at ACE's private site (new menu and vegetarian options available if notified at time of booking)
- Season: May - August
- *2017 Peak Days: Saturdays May 6 - September 2, May 28, Sept 3
- Minimum Age: 15
- Minimum Height: 60 inches
*Releases from the Summersville Dam, which are dependent on rain, determine what craft (raft or Ducky) we use to get down the Summer Gauley each day. Often this decision is not made until the morning of departure.
*When the river is too low to navigate in a raft, we switch to one-person inflatable kayaks or duckies (occurs about half of the time)
Adult: Regular Rate: $134 / Mid-Week Special: $109 / Peak Days: $159
Youth: Regular Rate: $124 / Mid-Week Special: $109 / Peak Days: $149
2017 Peak Days: Saturdays May 6 - September 2, May 28