Spice up Spring with Indian Cuisine
Join Chef Nari Soundarrajan in the kitchen for a hands-on Indian cuisine cooking class with specific techniques for working with various spices and herbs. A portion of the ticket price is donated to benefit the Avian Conservation Center of Appalachia. The ACCA is a registered nonprofit in Morgantown, West Virginia, licensed to treat and rehabilitate wild birds and provide educational programs about the importance of birds and ecosystems.
We’ll learn to make chicken curries and chickpea dishes, and the tricks to awesome green sauces and flavor-enhancing techniques in rice and desserts. In the kitchen, we work on our own and in small groups. Class size is limited to 16 cooks. Please wear comfortable, close-toed shoes and tie back long hair. Prep and cooking time is approximately two (2) hours, followed by a sit-down meal to continue sharing cultural and culinary conversations in good company.
Nari Soundarrajan has provided hands-on demonstrations of Indian cuisine for over a decade, in Central Pennsylvania and West Virginia. In recent years, he expanded to teaching Indian cuisine as a fun team building exercise for a variety of groups, including fraternities, yoga retreats, businesses, and groups of hungry friends. The foundation of Nari’s recipes and techniques began as a child in the kitchen with his grandma in South India during summers and with his parents in North India. With that combination, his close connection to various regional styles and flavor comes through in every meal.
- Entrée 1: Indian style chicken curry.
- Entrée 2: Chana masala (can be made without animal fats or dairy, “vegan”)
- Side 1: Coriander-mint chutney with indian spices and texture
- Side 2: Cucumber-carrot raita (flavorful yoghurt dip)
- Flavored rice
- Naans (premade but flavored before heating)
- Indian dessert flavored and garnished with cardamom and nuts
- * Menu items and ingredients may be substituted due to availability
Prepaid reservations only.
Tickets are $60 each and a discount is available for additional tickets – buy 1 ticket for $60 and additional tickets are $45 each.
Space is limited to 16 cooks.
Reservations close April 26 or when seats are filled.
Cooking class check-in is 10:30am to 11:00am in The Lost Paddle Lakeside Dining Hall.
The fun doesn’t have to end after the meal:
The Lost Paddle Lounge is open from 5pm to 10pm.
Slip away to a private cabin with a hot tub – Buy 1 Night, Get 2 Nights FREE.
Add rafting, ziplines, mountain biking or other adventures to your weekend!
Reserve Your Spot Today*!
Click Book Now or call 800.787.3982
* Participation in a hands-on class places you in a typical cooking environment. By registering for the cooking event you agree to release the staff, employees and contractors, from all liability arising from direct or indirect damages or injury.