SATURDAY OCTOBER 28, 2017 2:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Zombies will be released at ACE Adventure Resort for some nightmarish Halloween fun! Designed for excitement and fun, you will encounter obstacles and the hungry undead on our trails. Can you escape the feeding frenzy? Or are you feeding?! You may register to Run or to be a Zombie.
More Registration Information Coming Soon
HOW IT WORKS
- Upon check-in, runners will be given a flag belt with three flags representing your limbs, life, and brains. The zombies want to take your flags. You want to finish the run with as many flags as you can.
- If you lose your limbs, life and brains (all three flags) you cross the finish line… undead. If you finish with at least one flag, you are a survivor! If any one member of your team finishes with at least one flag, the entire team survives… until the infection spreads! Teams are welcome but not necessary.
- Zombies have been locked up since last year and they’re hungry! They will run, walk, clamber and crawl to get at your limbs, life and brains (flags). But they will not physically contact any runner unless indirectly in an attempt to take a flag.
*Pulling, grabbing, and pushing between zombies and runners is strictly prohibited.*
Stick around to explore Haunted Trails and buildings of the abandoned resort in the woods. Campers and hikers have seen things here that will make your bones turn cold. Kick your haunted adventure up a notch with a Night Sky Zip Line and/or add a Paintball Half-Day Warrior Package to your Nightmare in the Gorge.
Cabins are 50% OFF ! If you feel really brave you’ll make it a spooktacular weekend with a cabin in the woods – bring your friends (for back-up or for ghoul bait) and make it a party! Cabins are half-priced and available for one or more nights (get yours before they sell out)!
Discounted package combos are available when you register for two or more events!
- FREE 5K Zombie Run T-Shirt for those registed before October 1st!
- PRIZES for the fastest times and the Zombie with the most flags!
- Shower House/Changing Room Access
- Finisher Medal
RACE DAY ITINERARY
- 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM Check-in/Late Registration
- 3:45 Pre-run announcements
- 4:00 PM Race Start
- 5:30 PM Awards announcements
THE FINE PRINT
- Costumes are encouraged but not necessary.
- Wear a solid pair of running shoes.
- Teams are welcome but not necessary.
- Registration is non-refundable, but may be transferred.
- Open to ages 10 and up; under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No outside alcoholic beverages or glass bottles.
- No pets.
- The Nightmare continues through rain or snow, with the exception of severe weather.
- Arrive at 2PM to allow sufficient time for everyone to sign-in, pick up your bib, flag belt, and get ready to Run.
GENERAL LIABILITY WAIVERS
- For speedier check-in, print, fill in and sign a liability waiver in advance and bring it with you to the registration area.
- Download the Waiver
In 2016 your participation in the 5K Zombie Run helped support the 501C3 Fayette County Education Fund, Inc., providing youth leadership training and environmental education in Fayette County WV and beyond.
Learn more about the Fayette County Education Fund
- Zombies have been locked up since last year and they’re hungry! They will run, walk, clamber and crawl to get at limbs, life and brains (flags). But they will not physically contact any runner unless indirectly in an attempt to take a flag.
- Chaser Zombies run within their stationed area.
- Walker Zombies move awkwardly; cannot sprint.
- Direct and intentional physical contact with any runner is strictly prohibited.
- Zombies never grab more than one flag from a runner.
- Zombies never grab a flag from a runner who is hydrating at or near a water station.
- Pulling, grabbing, and pushing between zombies and runners is strictly prohibited.
- Any visibly intoxicated zombies will not be allowed to participate.
- Any violation of rules is cause to be escorted off of the grounds without a refund.
- All zombies must be 10 years of age or older by race day.