Too many students lack the exposure to hands-on learning in today's classrooms. As part of a national movement among companies paying-it-forward, the STEM program at ACE
helps gets students interested in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics with several programs all located in our private wilderness setting. Each trip option
is designed to broaden their interests in nature and educate teenagers about new career opportunities as the world's job market keeps evolving. Students in grades 9-12
from any economic background can gain access to knowledge they have never experienced before.
ACE offers STEM programs in hydrology and geology that incorporates whitewater rafting, rock climbing, zip-lining and hiking. Lessons include activities like testing water quality, fossil hunting and ecosystem exploration.
Besides enriching the minds of students while having fun outdoors, the goals of STEM programs
- support nontraditional student participation;
- offer an interdisciplinary problem-based learning program focused on deeper learning and real-world applications where learning is demonstrated through performance-based assessments that demonstrate outcomes required for the next level of STEM learning and for postsecondary education and work;
- develop opportunities for students to work independently and self-direct their learning experiences guided by STEM educators and adults in an inquiry-based environment that encourages finding creative solutions to authentic and complex problems
- encourage STEM students to personalize and self-direct their STEM learning experiences supported by STEM educators and other adults who facilitate their learning;
- use technology to conduct research, demonstrate creative and critical thinking, and communicate and work collaboratively; and
- are backed by business/industry, postsecondary and community partners (like ACE!).
All STEM education programs are led by Jackie Gallimore. To book a trip, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Want to find more STEM Programs near you? There are many schools already offering quality STEM programs and numerous other companies helping teenagers explore new opportunities thanks to STEM.